Saturday, October 13, 2012

R.I.P. Amanda Todd

Amanda Todd: Teenager Who Had Chronicled Her Bullying On YouTube Commits Suicide





Amanda Todd posted a heartbreaking video on YouTube five weeks ago detailing her battle with online harassment and bullies. I've posted the video below. But this 15-year-old young girl gave in to the battle and committed suicide. Amanda hung herself on Wednesday October 10, 2012. 


I don't watch TV because I'd rather read, but when I was shown this vid I was angry, very saddened and in tears that another innocent has been taken by the angels to a place where the cruelty, the pain, the bullying will never touch her EVER. A place that's Eternal, but not among us. A place on earth that should have treated her with compassion, experienced first love, solid friendships and lived a good long life. 


The video below describes her experiences with bullying. The video was posted to YouTube about a month ago by Amanda Todd. Amanda was a Grade 10 student at CABE Secondary in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada.



Original description:

I'm struggling to stay in this world, because everything just touches me so deeply. I'm not doing this for attention. I'm doing this to be an inspiration and to show that I can be strong. I did things to myself to make pain go away, because I'd rather hurt myself then someone else. Haters are haters but please don't hate, although I'm sure I'll get them. I hope I can show you guys that everyone has a story, and everyone's future will be bright one day, you just gotta pull through. I'm still here aren't I ?

Video Published on September 7, 2012





 R.I.P Amanda Todd - November 27, 1996- October 10, 2012