Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Better Life Review

A Better LifeA Better Life by Louis Stevens

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book from beginning to end, but I do digress this book is not for everyone's tastes, specifically those as the warning declares which is 'not for the faint of heart', but has issues with reading about sexually violent situations, violence in general. This book had it to the max.

I will though give credit where credit is due and that the explicit grueling scenes of rape were not mapped out in detail in this book which I was thankful for even though I'm not squeamish or overly sensitive to reading these types. I guess over the years I've hardened up quite a bit and anything goes for me. You did know by other details pointed out in the book what happened to the victims of those predators. These boys were cruel, sadistic, had no remorse (all but two) and were to me fawking whacked in the head.

The ending? I won't ruin it for those of you who have interest in reading it, but I was not disappointed. When the judge gave her ruling I might have yelled BONUS out loud. Without shame. Punishment was served rightfully and for those that read it? Don't throw the book at me, but I actually felt sorry for one of the perpetrators in the book. I won't say whom, so don't ask. That'll remain with me till my last breath.

I had read one review where the book was criticized for the author's writing skills and I have to wonder if we were reading the same book. I didn't see what they saw obviously and if anyone would have noticed the errs I would have been the first. In case you didn't know... I'm very anal bout shit like that and I'd be the first to point it out. So some people need to chillax.

Having said that I hope this authors has more books coming out and I'll look forward to reading them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment