Sunday, January 15, 2012

Maladaptation by L.A. Fields


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I found the story disturbing yet interesting in its own way. It's this little town with what I would refer to as this little cult that uses their own means to try and 'correct' teenagers who do not meet their parents expectations, but more like this: The child unlike the previous book I read 'Bootcamp' where the children were tossed by their parents for misbehaving in their eyes, the teens in this book were different. This book was an easier read and even easier to stomach and follow. The parents tossed the kids out to foster parents who kept eye on them while they went to meets and had to follow rules, but weren't not subjected that I could see to physical punishment. The punishment was more to affecting their psych. For instance, the one boy that this story was mainly about named Marley had his boxes of books taken away because they were blasphemous, evil in content and were corruptive to a healthy mind.

Take away my books and I'd rip the gorge outta your throat.

The story consists of different children and diff reasons for them being in this town and tossed out like they were leaches, freaks, diabolical and condemnable in the eyes of God. All hokey if you ask me, but you be the judge and jury.

What I'd like to see is a follow up to this story. I'm not saying the ending, but I was pleased with the outcome to this and I'd like to know where this teens are now and what might have became of them. :zipping my lips: T'is all I'm saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment