Sunday, March 4, 2012

Naked in the Rain & Afterglow by Eowyn Wood


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


First book to Afterglow.





My rating: 5 of 5 stars


My review is late in coming, but I had to wrap my head around this story and come to terms with first, but now you have it.

First off this book which follows Naked in The Rain has a shitload of content advisorys that should be seriously taken into consideration.

Everything you can ultimately imagine occurs on this book which might not be appropriate to some readers such as: Pedophiles, rape, minor underage prostitutes. There's details on a suicide attempt. The use and abuse of drugs using different methods. There's acts of violence, S&M, BDSM and you will also read content of interactions such as M/M, M/M/M, M/F AND M/M/F/F between adults and underage minors.

I'm safe to probate I've covered all the bases regarding the books contents to those of you who haven't read read this 2 book set. I came across many unsavory and distasteful scenes. Factory in the children's involvement as being such. Aside from that, the story is intriguing and will have you glued to your seat, eager to turn page after page and get it read if at all possible in one sitting. I managed getting through both books in 3 days total. I was glued and became unglued with the acts, events and story in and of itself.

Secondly, in the second book the author makes a note that this book may stand alone. Perhaps, but for the full effect to enjoying this daramatic story I do highly recommend reading Dancing In The Rain first.

Lastly my thoughts: Eowyn, does an excellent job with these books. She takes you into a world that you don't want believe exists and true these ones are fiction, but to an extent it is out there and very real. It's sad, heartbreaking and depressing what these boys contend with under the control of grown men who have power, gain, and it's their way of catering to the world of pedophiles under what they deem a controlled environment making the almighty buck in the process. The books are also about love, devotion and heartbreak.

I completely and utterly shocked myself to reading this, but not turning the last page that ends the stories without mental scarring.

My review although it seems like I'm trying to defer you from reading this is not so. If you can get past all the negatives aspects I urge you to read it. It's exquisitely well written, vividly detailed and an exception to the rule of being mint.

I haven't seen another book yet from Eowyn, but I'll be vigilly on the lookout for more to come and hope she will write more. Note: When you buy the books from the author's website she autographs the books personally. A bonus right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment