Saturday, July 28, 2012

To Save A Life

My blog title is also the title to the movie I just got finished watching. I'll post the official site, the synopsis on what the movie is about along with a trailer, then I'll end it with my own review and commentary on the movie. 


Synopsis

Jake Taylor has it all: friends, fame, a basketball scholarship and the hottest girl in school. Roger Dawson has nothing. Although the two were best friends when they were kids, the politics of high school quickly pulled them apart. Roger doesn't fit in with anyone and he's had enough. He walks onto campus with a gun in his pocket and pain in his heart and makes a tragic move. Jake's last ditch effort can't stop Roger, and the sudden tragedy rocks Jake's world. In a quest for answers, Jake finds himself looking for the next Roger and reaching out to the outcasts and loners. He quickly finds that crossing class castes threatens all his world is built on and it could cost him his own friends, his dreams and even his reputation.
 
 
 

 
My view on this movie:
 
To me the movie was very emotional because I could relate to it. I've been there a time, or two when you felt everything was just hopeless and the world doesn't seem to have a place in it for you. 
 
I was inspired by the movie in such a way that the word is out there more than ever these days, unlike it was in past times. We didn't hear much about suicide whether it was a teen or otherwise. I send my judgment on that to ignorance. Suicide was like a sin. Families didn't want to talk about it, people in general didn't want to talk about it. They turned the blind eye because the gods help us if someone committed suicide well... There must be a defect in the family and OMFG could it be contagious? Is this something that could go down to another family member of the next generation or the one following that? FAWKTARDS! That's my answer. 
 
LIFE! That's what it boils down to. Everyone wants to be accepted for who there are and no matter what walk of life they are. Everyone gets lonely, but like it's shown in this move it can show what being different, not being part of the IT crowd or the most popular one, even rejected can lead to. It's extreme, but it's out there, and it's alive like a living breathing virus without a cure until it's TOO LATE.
 
The actors that portray the characters is this movie do one hellova job. The movie is very heartfelt and it's sentimental for me in many ways. 

I do warn you on the sensitive matter such as teens getting intoxicated, there's 'cutting', there's your emo and a group of outcasts. It's all there for your viewing pleasure. 

Although I really liked and enjoyed this movie it held one aspect of it which I wasn't too fond of. The story involved God and the church. I know this comment isn't going to hit a sore spot with some of you reading this blog post, but I'm putting it out there. Awright, so I'm Roman Catholic, I've gone to Catholic school and all that yadda, yadda. I do believe there's something out there, but don't ask me if there's a God per say because I'm not a holy believer. I'm more spiritual than religious and I do digress that it's my upbringing, the preaching of going against the bible for who WE are to be wrong that has led me to seeing the hypocrisy of the church. I'm saying nothing more than this because everyone has their own beliefs and discussing religion is as touchy a subject as discussing politics. 

But hey, if it worked to throw religion into this movie than whatever floats their boat to who produced it. Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz. 

The BIG picture here and look outside of your little box is to bring awareness to teen suicide and that you're not alone and to seek help if you need it. Up so down with that and that's where I highly commend the producers of this film. 

'Nough said and I'm outta here. 

Laterz and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment