Friday, February 17, 2012

A Cold Dark Place


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


There is no HEA ending here in this book.

It is with a heavy heart that I sit here and write this review and in dire need of finding a happy place to be at the moment. It has broken me down to tears that I am unable to control or stop and I will be haunted by this book for quite some time still.

This story is in first person and spoken through the eyes of Luke. You'll read about his past growing up, what he's currently going through and the trials and tribulations of love found, love lost and complete heartbreak that it so utterly devastating to him that LIFE is just no longer with living. Luke is completely broken, he's shattered and there seems to him no way of going forward or moving on and making life better for him.

There were type o's but this one time I was able to forgo them just to finish this tragic story told by Luke. His love for another, Andy, is so deep that nothing on this God green earth can replace his devotion and emotional deep seated love. For me in reading this, it's like finding your soul-mate, having it within your reach, within your grasp, just right there, but unable to keep this an make it yours.

Honestly, have something very, very upbeat ready at hand should you choose to read this one and note: There is no hawt man on man sweaty sex which I know apart from the content might deter some from reading this book.

Again, emotional, traumatic, and deep story that is well written in my opinion if you can handle this one without allowing your emotions to run ragged like my have. Keep tissues at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment