Monday, August 13, 2012

Cry Silent Tears by Joe Peters

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As I said in my comment on Goodreads: I've read A child Called IT and this one is by far the worst case yet. I was trying to get through it, but it was killing me emotionally and mentally by the viscous, horrific, deplorable acts within this book and that's only mentioning a few of the choice words that come to mind up front. I'm strong, but not that strong and was unsure if I could continue this one, but I have and I conquered it yet not without lasting affects to my psych. I can't for the life of me imagine suffering through such an ordeal as Joe had and even coming out of it with a shred of sanity left.

He's so strong that it takes my breath away.

His story is one that's hard to endure through page after page of the painful tortures, beatings, rape, even mental and physical abuse at the hands of his mother, brothers and anyone who came into his life once his father who thought the world of his son died in a tragical accident. Knowing this is happening and it's out there as foretold in Joe's story which is all too vivid and real will have you wanting to hold onto him for dear life and wishing that everything could have better for him and had been there for him where all others had failed him and were not.

I know Joe won't see this review, but it doesn't matter. Joe? I'm so dayum proud of you. You are truly hope to the next generations that fight the same fight.

Awesome story!

No comments:

Post a Comment