Tuesday, September 6, 2011

DEVASTATED!

I'm posting this while I'm in complete tears and devastation at this moment along with my family. 

I just received a phone call from my sister who I will not name and if I had already in some post so be it. Last year she took care of this young boy named Mitchel who is eleven years old this year, who two years prior had lost his mum to cancer which left the dad to take care of him. His only son and only child. Mitchel was overweight and because of this he was constantly bullied in school last year and beaten up by bullies who picked on him relentlessly in school. His first day returning to school would have been today. Mitchel's father went to wake up his son this morning to find this poor boy had put a bag over his head and suffocated himself; committing suicide. This was Mitchel's answer rather than returning to a school and facing those that taunted, teased and beat on him for a full year and terrorizing this poor child. 

I had met Mitchel on many an occasion when visiting my sis and although quiet and often kept to himself, this young boy was very respectful to his elders, very pleasant to talk to and a joy to be around when he did smile.

Mitchel, I know you can't hear this but I am thinking of you along with my family, my little friend and I hope the angels are carrying you to Heaven. You'll be missed.

This song is for you!

In loving memory of Mitchel who passed away today on this day Tuesday August 6th, 2011.


7 comments:

  1. Aww honey. My condolences to you and your family. I won't give you trite words of sympathy, tell you he's in a better place or even how horrible bullies are because you and your family are hurting right now, I just want you to know that I am here for you if you want to vent or cry or anything. {HUGZ AND SQUEEZES}

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here for you. It is sad very sad. I am going to have a few moments of silence after this while listening to the song again. ~Hugs tight~ Here if you need me.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. -hugging tightly- Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences. That is very sad news, my heart just broke. That poor baby. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Your words mean so much. I'm still having a hard time dealing with it, I know it's still to fresh to get over it just yet, but it's heartbreaking and the funeral has yet to be attended to. That's going to be even worse. Funerals hit home and it's the reality of it all in that final moment. Suffering a migraine from crying like a chick and my emotions running over me like a bulldozer. I'm going back to bed, but had to tell you all just...thank you very much for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There isn't much I can saw when something so terrible and so wrong happens.

    I just hope wherever he may be he has found peace.

    I'd just like to hugh you really tight, I can only imagine how much this can hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just awful. He was so young and it's heartbreaking to see what cruelty can cause.
    Thinking of you as always.
    Thinking of his family.

    ReplyDelete